SJ AB ("SJ" or "we") collect personal data regarding visitors to SJ's websites and regarding customers who use our services. By visiting our websites, or using any of our services, you agree to SJ's collection and use of your personal data in accordance with the provisions stated below.
We process your personal data in accordance with applicable law. Pursuant to the Personal Data Act (1998:204) ("PDA"), you are entitled to receive information regarding how your personal data is processed.
This informational text regarding our processing of personal data comprises an integral part of SJ's Terms and Conditions of Purchase, Terms and Conditions of SJ Prio Membership, Terms and Conditions of SJ Biz and the terms and conditions that apply to you as a Travel Manager and Annual Pass Holder.
Any changes to this informational text will be published on the SJ's website. Continued use of the services, after we announce that the informational text has changed, means you accept the changes.
2. Regarding personal data
"Personal data" means name, address, telephone number, email address, personal ID number, and any other information that can somehow be tied to a particular individual, for example, travel and payment information.
The concept of processing personal data relates to all actions taken with respect to personal data, such as collection, storage, processing, disclosure, or compilation of personal data.
3. What data do we collect?
When you visit our websites, use our services or buy travel from us, we collect data about you. The information we may collect includes:
- first and last name;
- telephone number;
- e-mail address;
- personal ID number;
- data regarding your booked and completed travel and related information, including the departure time, ticket type, price paid and product category;
- payment details, including data regarding account and card numbers and card validity period;
- information regarding how you use our websites, including search terms, IP address, operating system, web browser, data traffic and other communication data, which may arise in connection with your visit to our websites;
- any other information you provide to us in connection with the use of our services, user functions on the website or participation in our campaigns.
4. How we use your data
The data is saved in our customer database and used to:
- provide and manage the travel you have booked, including sending messages to you and to manage payments and credit checks;
- facilitate future travel bookings;
- ensure access to travel through an overview of seasonal variations in travel and purchasing patterns;
- inform you of customized services as well as current campaigns and offers from us or our cooperation partners;
- analyse how our customers use the services and websites that we provide;
- make possible the management, development and testing of our IT systems for the purpose of ensuring that our services are of a high quality;
- communicate with you concerning issues related to your account with us and to keep you updated on changes in our services.
5. How long do we save data?
Your personal data is saved in our customer database. The database is purged regularly from outdated data or data that is no longer needed for us to fulfil our commitments to our customers. In order to offer you a high level of service, and to communicate with you about relevant offers and campaigns, however, we may save your information for up to two years from your latest completed trip. If you are a member of SJ Prio, we save your data for up to 3 years to manage your membership in SJ Prio and give you access to membership benefits and information regarding relevant offers and campaigns.
6. Who do we share information with?
The data you provide to us may be disclosed to our subsidiaries and to subcontractors who we use to provide our services. This involves for example companies which manage the operations and maintenance of our IT services, manage payment transfers, and perform credit checks. The subcontractors only process personal data on our behalf. To ensure a high level of security, and to ensure that your personal data is processed in a lawful manner, subcontractors sign a data processor agreement.
Your personal data may be disclosed to our cooperation partners for use in marketing. You have the right to object to the use of your data for marketing purposes. If you do this, we undertake to initiate a block on advertising related to your data.
- Requests for a block on advertising for companies are to be made to email@example.com. Do not forget to provide your name, address, personal ID number/company registration number.
- Private customers who are members of SJ Prio log in on www.sj.se (via the tab in the upper right-hand corner of the homepage). Once you are logged in, click on My Page (Sw: Min sida). You will find My page when you hover over your profile in the upper right corner. Click on My SJ Prio (Sw: Mitt SJ Prio). Here you can choose to delete the offers and news which you no longer wish to receive.
- Requests for a block on advertising for other customers are to be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not forget to provide your name, address and personal ID number.
- You can also click on the link at the bottom of any e-mail from SJ and an automatic bar to advertising will be initiated.
SJ may also disclose your personal data to third parties, such as the police or another public authority, in matters related to the investigation of a crime or if SJ is otherwise required to disclose information by law or decision by a public authority.
SJ's processing of your personal data may entail that personal data is transferred to subcontractors in countries outside the EU/EEA, including the US. To the extent this occurs, it is SJ's responsibility to ensure that relevant agreements regarding the transfer of data are entered into with such subcontractors.
There may be links on SJ's websites which, if you click on the link, lead you to websites that SJ does not control. SJ cannot take any responsibility for the processing of personal data which take place outside of SJ's websites and, thus, it is important that you carefully ascertain how personal data is processed on the pages you visit.
8. Requests for records
You are entitled to obtain information regarding how SJ processes your personal data. You may do this through a written and personally signed request to SJ.
The letter should be sent to:
105 50 Stockholm
If the data we process about you should prove to be inaccurate, incomplete or other-wise irrelevant, SJ shall be required to take corrective action or delete the data in question.